Discover your creative side with Seeed Studio XIAO ESP32C3! This versatile board is flexible, innovative, and jam-packed with exciting features that will inspire you to go all-in on your next project.
Seeed Studio XIAO Series are very small development boards, sharing a similar hardware structure, where the size is literally thumb-sized. The code name "XIAO" here represents its half feature "Tiny", and the other half will be "Powerful".
Seeed Studio XIAO ESP32C3 adopts new RISC-V architecture, supporting both Wi-Fi and BLE wireless connectivities. For Internet of Things applications, you will find it is flexible and suitable for all kinds of IoT scenarios.
Seeed Studio XIAO ESP32C3 has equipped a highly-integrated ESP32-C3 chip, built around a 32-bit RISC-V chip processor with a four-stage pipeline that operates at up to 160 MHz.
The board equips highly-integrated ESP32-C3 SoC. The chip has been installed with a complete 2.4GHz Wi-Fi subsystem which means it supports Station mode, SoftAP mode, SoftAP & Station mode, and promiscuous mode for multiple Wi-Fi applications. It works under an ultra-low power state, also supporting features of Bluetooth 5 and Bluetooth mesh. There are 400 KB SRAM & 4 MB Flash on the chip, allowing for more programming space, and bringing more possibilities to the IoT control scenarios.
Being a number to the Seeed Studio XIAO family, the board deservedly maintains the classic thumb-sized form-factor design and elegant productization of single-sided components mounting. Meanwhile, it has equipped with a battery charge chip and integrated circuit for enhancing its ability to carry. This board comes included with an external antenna to increase the signal strength for wireless applications. There are 11 digital I/O that can be used as PWM pins and 4 analog i/o that can be used as ADC pins. It supports UART, IIC, and SPI serial communication ports, also including IIS (Internet Information Services). Utilizing its small and exquisite hardware design and the powerful onboard chip, programming by Arduino, it will offer more ability to wearable and portable devices or other applications.
You can have access to the Seeed Studio Grove ecosystem by connecting it to the compatible Seeed Studio XIAO expansion board. Get started and explore the infinite possibilities of the Seeed Studio XIAO series!
If you are interested in programming embedded machine learning, we have Codecraft visual programming that can help you quickly start your own TinyML project. And we have set up a #tinyml channel on our Discord server, please click to join for 24/7 making, sharing, discussing, and helping each other out.
We already have 5 XIAO products based on different solutions in the XIAO family, to help you better understand the differences and choose the most suitable part for your projects, please refer to the Seeed Studio XIAO Series Page.
- It will be a little hard to connect the antenna the first time using the board.
- Please connect the antenna in the vertical direction and do not drag it in the horizontal direction.
- Flexible MCU Board: Incorporate the ESP32-C3 32-bit RISC-V chip, operating up to 160 MHz, mounted multiple development ports, supported by Arduino / CircuitPython
- Outstanding RF performance: Implement complete Wi-Fi functions and Bluetooth Low Energy, while supporting communication over 100m with a U.FL antenna
- Elaborate Power Design: Provide 4 working modes as low as 44 μA in deep sleep mode, while supporting lithium battery charge management
- Thumb-sized Design: 21 x 17.5mm, Seeed Studio XIAO series classic form factor, suitable for wearable devices
- Perfect for Production: Breadboard-friendly & SMD design, no components on the back
- Internet of Things
- Wearable devices
- Health monitoring
- Low-Power(LP) networking
- Rapid prototyping
Application 1: Smart Private Garage
This is a peer-to-peer WiFi communication application, since two XIAOs detect each other via Wifi, the garage door will open or keep opening, and vice versa.
It is nice to add an ultrasonic distance sensor to measure the car-to-door distance and an OLED screen to check the status of the garage. If you want an onboard voice sensor to command the door to open with vocal instruction, try our XIAO BLE Sense.
Application 2: Remote Forest Tracker
Thanks to the tiny size of the XIAO series, it is suitable to make wearable devices, such as a small pet tracker. This wearable device can be used as a simple GPS-Tracker which will lock its current location and publish other data via LoRa.
A compass that shows direction and distance is a great added value to the tracker that you could consider. Meanwhile, publishing altitude, speed, or other parameters could bring more scenarios to this tracker. Besides, the chip ESP32-C3 allows this tracker to communicate over WiFi or BLE, and therefore, we can upload the tracker’s data or realize the Long Range-to-MQTT bridge as well.
Probably you are worried about the wireless capability of the above application of XIAO ESP32C3, and We have a 2.4GHz Rod Antenna for XIAO ESP32C3 which increases the wireless capability of the XIAO ESP32C3, The antenna is certified TELEC and XIAO ESP32C3 is compatible with Antenna, Check here to see more!
- Processor: ESP32-C3 SoC, RISC-V single-core 32-bit chip processor with a four-stage pipeline that operates at up to 160 MHz
- Wireless: Complete 2.4GHz Wi-Fi subsystem
- Bluetooth: 5.0/ Bluetooth mesh
- On-chip Memory: 400KB SRAM & 4MB Flash
- Interface: 1x UART, 1x IIC, 1x IIS, 1x SPI,11x GPIO(PWM), 4x ADC, 1x Reset button, 1x Boot button
- Dimensions: 21 x 17.5mm
- Power: Circuit operating voltage: 3.3V@200mA
- Charging current: 50mA/100mA
- Input voltage (VIN): 5V
- Deep Sleep Power Consumption: Deep Sleep Model: >44 μA
- Wi-Fi Enabled Power Consumption Active Model: <75 mA
- Modem-sleep Model: <25 mA
- Light-sleep Model: <4 mA
- BLE Enabled Power Consumption Modem-sleep Model: <27 mA
- Light-sleep Model: <10 mA
- Working Temperature -40°C ~ 85°C