Attiny85 Mini USB Development Board
The ATtiny85 is a low-power CMOS 8-bit microcontroller based on the AVR-enhanced RISC architecture. By executing powerful instructions in a single clock cycle, the ATtiny85 achieves throughputs approaching 1 MIPS per MHz allowing the system designer to optimize power consumption versus processing speed.
The Attiny85 Mini USB Development Board is similar to the Arduino line but cheaper. It caters to projects that need a low IO pin count. If you need more pins but are still small in size you could use the Arduino Nano as well.
Attiny85 Mini USB Development Board Specs:
- Support for the Arduino IDE 1.0+
- Power via USB or External Source - 5v or 7-15v (12v or less recommended)
- On-board 500ma 5V Regulator
- Built-in USB
- 6 I/O Pins (2 are used for USB only if your program actively communicates over USB, otherwise you can use all 6)
- 8k Flash Memory (about 6k after bootloader)
- I2C and SPI (vis USI)
- PWM on 3 pins (more possible with Software PWM)
- ADC on 4 pins
- Power LED and Test/Status LED