20A DC Step-up Power Supply Module.
A boost converter (step-up converter) is a DC-to-DC power converter that steps up voltage (while stepping down current) from its input (supply) to its output (load).
This is a big board, that can handle up to 20A current. But it can only do 20A for short peaks and intervals, 12A constant current will work great without fear of overheating the power chips. This unit is great for when you need higher voltage on your output than you can supply via the input.
Please note that the trim pot that is used to adjust the output of the module needs to be turned quite a few times before you can see a change in the output.
20A DC Step-up Power Supply Module Specification:
- Input voltage: 10-60VDC.
- Input Current: 20A.
- Output voltage: 12-80VDC continuously adjustable.
- Output Current: 20A MAX. If over 10A add a ventilation fan for heat dissipation.
- Constant Current Range: 0.5-20A.
- Switching frequency: 150KHz.
- Conversion efficiency: 92%~ 97%.
- Over-current protection.
- Input reverse/under voltage circuit protection with 150A MOSFET.
- If the constant current mode is used to set the voltage, the constant voltage must be higher than the input voltage. Do not use the method of short circuit output to adjust the output current, the module design of the boost converter cannot be adjusted in the short circuit method.
- Module dimensions: 130x52x48mm (L x W x H).
This product works very well for the application I have, which is for charging another battery. I'm actually planning to buy another one to double the charging watts when needed. I love how it kicks in when the target battery dips below a value and stops either when the target is above the set volts, or when the lower voltage battery is below a preset limit value.
I which it had a display of the values being set though, but that would make the electronics more expensive I guess.
I do not find the fan changing speed at all. It seems at maximum speed constantly (which is not a problem though.)
Fast and reliable and 100% the correct item.
20A DC Step-up Power Supply Module
I like this product and what it offers. The information & usage could be made a little more clear, and the voltage output for the fan is not indicated, but other than that, I like it.
Voltage regulation is not that great. It is belived the feedback was taken before and not after the shunt.
excellent service, thank you.