Unleash your creativity and bring your ideas to life with Seeed Studio XIAO — the world's smallest Raspberry Pi-compatible development board designed for hobbyists.
Seeed Studio XIAO Series are diminutive development boards, sharing a similar hardware structure, where the size is literally thumb-sized. The code name "XIAO" here represents its half feature "Tiny", and the other half will be "Puissant".
Seeed Studio XIAO RP2040 is compatible with the Raspberry Pi RP2040 ecosystem as they share the same RP2040 chip. It supports multiple languages including C / MicroPython / CircuitPython. This will be a great tool for you to get started with MicroPython.
RP2040 is the debut microcontroller from Raspberry Pi. It brings signature values of high performance, low cost, and ease of use to the microcontroller space.
Seeed Studio XIAO RP2040 is based on the RP2040 chip and wrapped in a compact size with multiple interfaces like other products from the Seeed Studio XIAO series, and it's compatible with the Seeed Studio XIAO expansion board.
In addition to the powerful CPU, the Seeed Studio XIAO RP2040 has 264K SRAM and 2MB of Flash on board. Some PINs have various functions. Moreover, Seeed Studio XIAO RP2040 supports the USB Type-C interface which can supply power and download code. 1 Reset button, 1 BOOT button, 1 user-programmable RGB LED, 1 power LED, 2 status indicators, and 1 user LED are on board, allowing developers to debug their code very easily.
The robust performance makes it perfect for machine learning applications, and the tiny size allows it to be used in wearable devices, not just for prototypes but the mass production
Note: XIAO SoM User Manual open-sources all hardware and software materials of XIAO, providing professional product design guidelines to help you accelerate ideas off the ground, streamline product design, providing a seamless experience from module selection to mass production. You can check here to see more info.
You can access the Seeed Studio Grove ecosystem by connecting it to the compatible Seeed Studio XIAO expansion board. We have developed more than 400 Grove modules, covering a wide range of applications that can fulfill various needs. For example, you can make an IR Remote Control Fan by connecting the Seeed Studio XIAO RP2040 with an expansion board, a Grove IR(Infrared) Receiver, a Grove - Servo, and a Grove - Mini Fan v1.1. Get started and explore the infinite possibilities of the Seeed Studio XIAO series!
Furthermore, Seeed Studio XIAO RP2040 is friendly to the communities for its strong software compatibilities, which support Arduino, Micropython, and CircuitPython. Except for the software, flexible I/O allows it to speak to almost any external device. You can also use the Thonny editor to program as if you were using Raspberry Pi Pico.
By the way, we've set up a Tinyml channel on our Discord server, please click to join for 24/7/365 making, sharing, discussing, and helping each other out.
Seeed has rich products and resources based on the RP2040 chip:
- Raspberry Pi Pico
- Grove Shield for Pi Pico
- Grove Starter Kit for Raspberry Pi Pico
- Wio RP2040 Module
- Wio RP2040 Mini Dev Board
- CANBed RP2040-CAN Bus Development Board
- Arduino Nano RP2040
- Maker Pi RP2040
For more details, you can visit our Seeed Studio RP2040 Microcontroller family.
All the I/O pins are 3.3V, please do not input more than 3.3V, otherwise, the CPU may be damaged.
We already have 5 XIAO products based on different solutions in the Xiao family, to help you better understand the differences and choose the most suitable part for your projects, please refer to the Seeed Studio XIAO Series Page.
- High Performance: Powered by Raspberry Pi 2040 chip, dual-core operating up to 133 MHz, equipped 264KB of SRAM, and 2MB of onboard flash memory
- Ultra-small Design: 21 x 17.5mm, Seeed Studio XIAO series classic form factor, suitable for wearable devices
- Multiple Development Interfaces: 2x buttons, 11x digital / 4x analog pins, 1x I2C interface, 1x UART port, 1x SPI port, and 1x SWD Bonding pad interface
- Multiple Develop Platform: Support Arduino / Micropython / CircuitPython development, friendly for beginners, satisfied for electronics enthusiasts
- Perfect for Production: Breadboard-friendly & SMD design, no components on the back
- Wearable devices
- Rapid prototyping (directly attached to the expanded PCB as a minimal system)
- Perfect for all the projects that need mini Arduino
- USB development (USB to multi-channel TTL/USB host mode, etc.)
- DIY keyboard
- CPU: Dual-core ARM Cortex M0+ processor, flexible clock running up to 133 MHz
- Storage: 264KB of SRAM, and 2MB of onboard Flash memory
- I/O PINs: 11 digital pins, 4 analog pins, 11 PWM Pins
- Interface: 1 I2C interface, 1 UART interface, 1 SPI interface, 1 SWD Bonding pad interface
- Power supply & Downloading interface: USB Type-C interface
- LEDs: 1 user LED, 1 power LED, two LEDs for serial port downloading, 1 RGB LED
- Button: 1 RESET button, 1 BOOT button
- Power Pads: For the battery power supply
- Software compatibility: Support micro python / Arduino / CircuitPython
- Cover: Projection cover for protecting the circuit
- Dimensions: 21x17.5 mm