Seeed Studio XIAO Expansion Board is a powerful functional expansion board for the Seeed Studio XIAO series of only half Raspberry Pi 4 size. It enables building prototypes and projects in an easy and quick way. With its rich peripherals, you could explore the infinite possibilities of the Seeed Studio XIAO series. Circuit Python is also well supported by this board.
Greetings!Since more and more Seeed Studio XIAO series have been launched, we have realized the product names of the XIAO series might not be consistent enough. Hence, at the time of the new Seeed Studio XIAO product coming out, we changed all Seeed Studio XIAO series product names. For further information, please refer to here.
- Quick Prototyping: Easy debug and Reset with RESET button and SWD pin led out to the male header. 0.96” OLED, enables visual data to display without a PC serial monitor.
- Rich peripherals: OLED display, RTC, expandable memory space, passive buzzer, user button, onboard battery management chip… One board on hand to explore the infinite possibilities of the Seeed Studio XIAO series.
- Mini Size: Compact and elegant with only half Raspberry Pi 4 size, perfect for tiny and wearable projects.
- No Soldering Needed: All pins are led out. Convenient plug-and-play Grove connectors support multiple data protocols, including IIC, Uart, and Analog/Digital.
- Circuit Python Supported: Well supports circuit Python. Mini SD card slot enables memory space expansion, making it possible to allocate more libraries needed in prototyping and project building.
Many users adore the Seeed Studio XIAO series because of its mini size and elegant design, so we try our best to keep the size as mini as we could when pursuing the powerful function and rich interfaces. As you could see, the board is only half Raspberry Pi 4 size.
Rich peripherals on board including:
- OLED display: Visual data display without connecting to PC, which enables debugging in a more efficient way, and builds applications such as a sensor hub, data monitor system, .etc
- RESET button: No more jumper wire and short circuit, easy reset with just one click.
- SWD debug: SWD pin led out as male pin header, making debugger connection and firmware download much easier.
- High precision RTC: High precision real-time clock with battery backup, enables maintaining accurate time when the main power is turned off.
- Expandable memory: With a MicroSD card slot on the back, no worry about the memory limit anymore when adding libraries and using circuit Python.
- User button: Besides the RESET button, also provides another user-defined button.
- Passive buzzer: Same passive buzzer on Wio Terminal, with which you could change the PMW frequency to award different beep sound to get a "buzzer music".
- Grove connectors: All pin led out, plug-and-play grove connectors support common data protocols (Grove IIC2, Grove UART1, A0/D0 Grove*1)
- Lipo Battery Charging: JST2.0mm standard lipo battery connector and battery management system, supports both USB and lipo battery power supply, and easy onboard battery recharge.
- 5V servo connector: 5V output led out to male header for 5V servo and sensor connection.
Though with all these rich peripherals, you may find Seeed Studio XIAO Expansion Board also has very high-cost performance as Seeed Studio XIAO does.
Seeed Studio SAMD21 XIAO has become one of the hottest products in the Seeeduino series since its release. You may adore its small size and elegant design, powerful CPU powered by SAMD21, or rich interfaces of GPIOs, but no matter what reason makes Seeed Studio XIAO attract to you, now you have one more reason now - Seeed Studio XIAO Expansion Board, which will definitely help you to explore infinite possibilities with Seeed Studio XIAO Series.
Seeed Studio XIAO expansion board supports Seeed Studio XIAO SAMD21, Seeed Studio XIAO RP2040, Seeed Studio XIAO nRF52840, Seeed Studio XIAO nRF52840 Sense.
- SMD debug
- Rapid prototyping
- Data display
- Mini Size Project
- Operating voltage 5V / 3.7V Lithium Battery
- Charging current 460mA (Max)
- RTC timer precision ± 1.5S/DAY(25°C)
- RTC battery CR1220
- Display 0.96" OLED display
- Expandable memory MicroSD card
- Grove Interface Grove IIC2, Grove UART1, A0/D0 Grove*1
- Other External Equipment Passive buzzer, user button, 5V servo connector