MCP3008 DIP16 MCP3008-I/P DIP-16 DIP
Are you a hobbyist looking for a high-quality integrated circuit? Look no further than the MCP3008 DIP16! This integrated circuit offers a high-performance, low-power SAR architecture with up to eight 10-bit ADCs.
Microchips bring you a 16-pin PDIP packaged, 10-bit and 8-channel ADC. The MCP3008 is a high-performing and low-power-consuming ADC. The MCP3008 can also be programmed to cater to four pseudo-differential input pairs or eight single-ended inputs. Differential non-linearity (DNL) and integral non-linearity (INL) are spaced at ±1 LSB.
The MCP3008 is a low-cost 8-channel 10-bit analog-to-digital converter. The precision of this ADC is similar to that of an Arduino Uno, and with 8 channels you can read quite a few analog signals from a Microcontroller. The MCP3008 features 200k samples/second, 8 input channels, low power consumption (5nA typical standby, 425µA typical active), and is available in 16-pin PDIP and SOIC packages.
The above pinout shows us the pin out of the MCP3008 DIP16 MCP3008-I/P DIP-16 DIP chip as well as the functions on some of the pins of the MCP3008 DIP16 MCP3008-I/P DIP-16 DIP chip.
Simple Wiring Diagram
The wiring diagram above is just an example of how to connect the MCP3008 DIP16 MCP3008-I/P DIP-16 DIP chip to a potentiometer to be able to get a digital reading from an analog device.
- 10-bit resolution
- Four pseudo-differentials or eight single-ended inputs
- Small PDIP size makes for great use in embedded applications
- SPI serial interface
- On-chip sample and hold
- Supplier operation – 2.7V up to 5.5V
- ±1 Both DNL and INL
- 200 tips sample rate at 5V
- Temperature range from -40°C up to +85°C
MCP3008 DIP16 MCP3008-I/P DIP-16 DIP Specification
- Architecture: SAR
- Number of ADCs: 8
- Resolution: 10-bit
- Sampling Rate: 200ksps
- Input Signal Type: Pseudo Differential, Single Ended
- Input Type: Voltage
- Mounting Type: Through Hole
- Package Type: PDIP
- Pin Count: 16
- Integral Nonlinearity Error: ±1LSB
- Digital Interface Type: Serial (SPI)
- Typical Single Supply Voltage: 5 V
- Maximum Operating Temperature: 85 °C
- Dimensions: 19.05 x 6.35 x 3.3mm
- Minimum Operating Temperature: -40 °C