MAX3232 MAX3232CPE MAX3232EPE DIP-16 RS-232 Transceiver.
The MAX3232 transceivers have a proprietary low-dropout transmitter output stage enabling true RS-232 performance from a 3.0V to 5.5V supply with a dual charge pump. The devices require only four small 0.1µF external charge-pump capacitors. Running at data rates of 120kbps the MAX3232 maintains RS-232 output levels.
The MAX3232 has 2 receivers and 2 drivers. These are pin, package, and functionally compatible with the industry-standard MAX242 and MAX232, respectively.
- Integrated Features Saves Board Space and Simplifies Design
- Charge Pump Circuitry Eliminates the Need for a Bipolar ±12V Supply
- Wide Single-Supply Operation From +3V to +5.5V Supply
- Always-On Extra Outputs Enable Monitoring of External Devices
- Power Saving Extends Battery Life
- 1µA Supply Current in Shutdown Mode While Receiver is Active
- Battery-Powered Equipment
- Handheld Equipment
- High-Speed Modems
- Notebook, Subnotebook, and Palmtop Computers
- MAX3232 Datasheet