Compatible with just about any electric wiring system, the Ring crimp terminals lugs are designed expertly for hobbyists who want to neaten their wire connections. With its insulated plastic and copper contact material, this handy device gives you a stable, consistent connection between your wires.
Ring crimp terminals are used for connecting an electrical cable or wire to a stud or a post on an electrical component, such as a battery terminal. This ring terminal is made from highly conductive tin-plated copper with conically tapered plastic insulation sleeves, the tin-plated sleeves facilitate maximum electrical conductivity and corrosion resistance. Color-coded vinyl insulation provides protection to the terminal and aids in quick identification of the terminal size. Once correctly crimped onto a wire or cable this ring terminal will provide a secure and reliable electrical connection.
Features and Benefits
- The insulated ring cable lugs with plastic sleeves are hard-soldered
- The "EASY ENTRY" system facilitates a trustworthy and reliable conductor entry
- Tin plating for resistance to corrosion, added strength, and excellent conductivity
- Conically tapered plastic for electrical insulation and terminal protection
- Color-coded insulation for easy identification of terminal size
- The color of the crimp ring terminal is an indication of the different stud sizes. For example, yellow - M5, Red - M4 and blue is M3.5
These insulated crimp ring wire connectors are used in a wide range of industries for connecting wires to electrical components. Applications include wiring in industrial control systems and industrial machines, automotive applications, communication equipment, power supplies, and domestic appliances.
- Maximum Wire Size mm²: 1.5 mm²
- Color: Red/Blue
- Inner Ring Diameter: 4.3 mm
- Outer Ring Diameter: 8 mm
- Stud Size: M4
- Thickness: 0.75 mm
- Insulation Material: Plastic
- Contact Material: Copper
- Overall Length: 21.7 mm
- Series: C-RCI 1.5/M4
- Insulation: Insulated
- Minimum Wire Size mm²: 0.5 mm²
How to Crimp a Ring Terminal
Firstly, select the correct-sized ring terminal. Strip the end of the wire and cut it to the same length as the terminal. Insert the wire into the terminal barrel making sure no bare wire is visible. The crimp terminal is then ready to be crimped onto the end of the wire. When crimping a wire terminal, pliers or a ratchet can be used but, for a better quality crimp, it is better to use a ratchet crimping tool.
A ratchet crimping tool is preferable as the handles will remain locked until a full crimp cycle is completed, which will prevent partial crimps. Insert the barrel of the ring terminal into the appropriate crimping section (indicated by sizes marked on the tool). Squeeze the tool handles together until the ratchet is released. The crimped ring terminal can now be placed over the stud or post and secured in place with a nut or by soldering.