Lichee Pi 4A(8+8GB)
There are many alternatives to the Raspberry Pi4 in the market today, some better than others and some even better than the Raspberry Pi4.
LicheePi Module 4A is the Core Module using the T-Head RISC-V TH1520 SOC, containing 4 Risc-V C910 cores and 4TOPS@int8 AI NPU inside, supports up to 16GB LPDDR4X ram and 128GB eMMC storage, supports double gigabit Ethernet and maximum 4K resolution video output.
The core also contains an additional C906 processor for audio processing. Because of the SODIMM style package, the LicheePi Module 4A can be used in various scenarios and is suitable for various types of baseboards.
Here are some of the Main differences between the Lichee Pi and Raspberry Pi:
- The board comes with a 4TOPS@INT8 neural processor for AI.
- eMMC storage and TF card storage.
- 60% faster GPU
- Dual Gigabit Ethernet
- Include speaker and mic outputs
- Support Debian / OpenWRT / Android
- Lichee Pi 4A: TH1520, 12nm, RISC-V 2.0G C910 x4
- Raspberry Pi 4B: BCM2711B0, 28nm, ARM 1.5G Cortex-A72 x4
- Lichee Pi 4A: 4 / 8 / 16 GB 64bit LPDDR4X-3733
- Raspberry Pi 4B: 1 / 2 / 4 / 8 GB 32bit LPDDR4-2400
- Lichee Pi 4A: TF Card, or 16 / 32 / 64 / 128 GB eMMC
- Raspberry Pi 4B: TF Card
- Lichee Pi 4A: OpenGL ES3.0/3.1/3.2, OpenCL 1.1/1.2/2.0, Vulkan 1.1/1.2, 50.7GFLOPS, Fill 3168M pixels/s
- Raspberry Pi 4B: OpenGL ES3.1, Vulkan 1.0, 32 GFLOPS
- Lichee Pi 4A: 4TOPS@INT8, 1GHz, Tensorflow, ONNX, Caffe
- Raspberry Pi 4B: Not specified
- Lichee Pi 4A: Dual Gigabit Ethernet
- Raspberry Pi 4B: One Gigabit Ethernet
- Lichee Pi 4A: 4xUSB 3.0 TypeA, 1xUSB2.0 TypeC
- Raspberry Pi 4B: 2xUSB 3.0 TypeA, 2xUSB 2.0 TypeA
- Lichee Pi 4A: 1xHDMI2.0 4K@60fps, 4-lane MIPI DSI 4K@50fps
- Raspberry Pi 4B: 2xHDMI2.0, 2-lane MIPI DSI
- Lichee Pi 4A: 1x4-lane MIPI CSI + 1x2-lane MIPI CSI, up to 4K@30fps
- Raspberry Pi 4B: 2-lane MIPI CSI
- Lichee Pi 4A: H265&H264 @ 4K 75fps decode, H265&H264 @ 4K 40fps encode, JPEG encoder up to 32Kx32K, JPEG decoder up to 16Kx16K
- Raspberry Pi 4B: H265 4K@60fps decode, H264 1k@60fps decode, H264 1k@30fps encode
- Lichee Pi 4A: Headphone, Stereo Speaker, PDM MIC
- Raspberry Pi 4B: Headphone
- Lichee Pi 4A: WiFi4+BT5 or WiFi6+BT5
- Raspberry Pi 4B: WiFi5 + BT5
- Lichee Pi 4A: 2x10 Pin GPIO
- Raspberry Pi 4B: 2x20 Pin GPIO
More About Lichee Pi
The above image gives you more information regarding the Lichee Pi and all of its amazing features and processors it has. The above image should give you a good idea of what the Lichee Pi can do and all the projects that you can accomplish with it.
The above image is a benchmark test that has been done to show just how fast the lichee Pi's processor is compared to some of the other Pi processors out there. As we can see the Lichee Pi processor outperforms most if not all.
The above image shows you the layout of the lichee pi board in regards to where all of the important chips are as well as the connection methods of the board.
The hardware of the Lichee Pi
The above Image gives you more information on the Lichee Pi's hardware. It also gives us a good reference to work from when we need to figure out where what needs to go when developing a project with the Lichee Pi or if we are just connecting it to an external device or connecting external devices to it.
Lichee Pi 4A(8+8GB) Specification
- CPU: TH1520 RISC-V 64GCV C910*4@2GHz, Each core contains 64KB I cache and 64KB D Cache, Shared 1MB L2 Cache, supports TEE and REE, configured at core booting, Supports multi-core debugging framework of custom and RISC-V compatible Interface, Independent power domain, supports DVFS
- GPU: OpenCL 1.1/1.2/2.0, OpenGL ES 3.0/3.1/3.2, Vulkan 1.1/1.2, Android NN HAL
- NPU: Support 4TOPS@INT8, up to 1GHz, Support TensorFlow, ONNX, Caffe, Support CNN, RNN, DNN
- Decode: Real-time decoder, support, H.265/H.264/VP9/8/7/6/AVS/AVS+/AVS2.0/VC1/MPEG4, Support H.264 BP/MP/HP@level 5.1 decoding, up to 4K resolution, Support H.265/HEVC Main Profile@level 5.1 decoding, up to 4K resolution, Support VP9 Profile-2 decoding, up to 4K resolution, Support AVS2.0 decoding, up to 4K resolution, Support VP6/7/8/AVS/AVS+/VC1/MPEG4 decoding, up to 1920x1080 resolution, Decoding at 4K@75fps maximum
- Encode: Support H.264 BP/MP/HP@level4.2 encoding, up to 4K resolution, Support H.265/HEVC Main Profile encoding, up to 4K resolution, Only support I-frame and P-frame, Encoding at 4K@40fps maximum
- RAM: 8GB 64bits LPDDR4, 16GB 64bits LPDDR4
- ROM: eMMC 8G, 32G, 128G
- Ethernet: Gigabit PHY x 2