GY-530 VL53L0X distance sensor Time-of-Flight (ToF)
The VL53L0 uses ST’s FlightSense technology to precisely measure how long it takes for emitted pulses of infrared laser light to reach the nearest object and be reflected back to a detector, so it can be considered a tiny, self-contained lidar system. This time-of-flight (TOF) measurement enables it to accurately determine the absolute distance to a target without the object’s reflectance greatly influencing the measurement.
- Operating voltage: 2.6 V to 5.5 V (module has on-board 2.8V regulator)
- Supply current: 10 mA (typical average during active ranging)
- Varies with configuration, target, and environment. Peak current can reach 40 mA.
- Output format (I²C): 16-bit distance reading (in millimeters)
- Distance measuring range: up to 2 m (6.6 ft); see the graph at the right for typical ranging performance.
- Effective range depends on configuration, target, and environment.
- The datasheet does not specify a minimum range, but in our experience, the effective limit is about 3 cm.
- Weight without header pins: 0.5 g (including header)
VL53L0X distance sensor Description:
Model: GY - VL53L0X
Distance: up to 2 m (6.6 ft) with 1 mm resolution
Power supply: 2.8 to 5 v
Communication protocol: I2C communication protocol (fully compatible with 3-5 v system)
Module size: 10.5 mm * 13.3 mm
This sensor has 4 pins:
- VCC: Module power supply
- GND: Ground
- SDA: Data signal
- SCL: Clock signal