Introducing Grove - Time of Flight Distance Sensor (VL53L0X): the easy-to-use and highly sophisticated time of flight distance sensor! This device features a fully integrated miniature module with a 940 nm laser VCSEL, a ranging sensor with an advanced embedded microcontroller, and fast, accurate distance ranging.
Grove - Time of Flight Distance Sensor - VL53L0X is a high-speed, high-accuracy, and long-range ToF distance sensor based on VL53L0X.
Fully integrated miniature module
- 940 nm laser VCSEL
- VCSEL driver
- Ranging sensor with an advanced embedded microcontroller
Fast, accurate distance ranging
- Measures absolute range up to 2 m
- The reported range is independent of the target reflectance
- Advanced embedded optical cross-talk compensation to simplify cover glass selection
- Class 1 laser device compliant with latest standard IEC 60825-1:2014 - 3rd edition
- Single power supply
- I2C interface for device control and data transfer
- Xshutdown (reset) and interrupt GPIO
- Programmable I2C address
The VL53L0X is a new generation Time-of-Flight (ToF) laser-ranging module housed in the smallest package on the market today, providing accurate distance measurement whatever the target reflectances, unlike conventional technologies. It can measure absolute distances up to 2m, setting a new benchmark in ranging performance levels, and opening the door to various new applications.
The VL53L0X integrates a leading-edge SPAD array (Single Photon Avalanche Diodes) and embeds ST’s second-generation Flight SenseTM patented technology.
The VL53L0X’s 940 nm VCSEL emitter (Vertical-Cavity Surface-Emitting Laser), is totally invisible to the human eye, coupled with internal physical infrared filters, it enables longer-ranging distances, higher immunity to ambient light, and better robustness to cover glass optical crosstalk.
What is Grove?
Grove makes it easier to connect, experiment, and simplify the prototyping process. No jumpers or soldering are required. Not only are these open hardware, but we also have open-source software.
We have developed more than 400 Grove modules, covering a wide range of applications that can fulfill various needs. Click to explore the Grove Sensor family and get started to Grove your Idea. For all Grove users (especially beginners), we provide you with guidance PDF documents. Please download and read through Preface - Getting Started and Introduction to Grove before your use of the product.
- User detection for personal computers/laptops/tablets and IoT (energy saving)
- Obstacle detection with Robots (Robotics)
- White goods (hand detection in automatic faucets, soap dispensers, etc.)
- 1D gesture recognition
- Laser-assisted autofocus. Enhances and speeds up camera autofocus system performance, especially in difficult scenes (low light levels, low contrast) or fast-moving video mode
- Dimensions: 20mm x20mm x11mm
- Weight: G.W 7.8g
- Working voltage: 3.3v/5v
- Working temperature: -20℃ - 70℃
- Recommend measurement distance: 30mm-1000mm
- Resolution: 1mm
- Infrared emitter: 940 nm
- Default IIC Address: 0x52