With the Grove - Temperature & Humidity Sensor Pro, hobbyists and professionals alike can make accurate temperature and humidity measurements with ease.
Grove - DHT22 is a high-accuracy temperature and humidity sensor based on the DHT22 module (also known as AM2302 or RHT03). High-cost performance and high precision make it ideal for temperature and humidity monitoring of Arduino and Raspberry Pi, you can also use it to make a thermometer and hygrometer.
- High accuracy and wide range of temperature and humidity measurements:
- Humidity: 0 to 99.9 %RH with ±2% accuracy
- Temperature: -40 to 80°C with an accuracy of ±0.5°C
- Ultra-low power consumption: standby current supply as low as 40uA
- The professional choice for relatively demanding applications: outperforms the basic DHT11
- Better compatibility: digital output of sensor data, and I²C interface makes it more versatile
- Starter-friendly: Factory calibrated, easy to use, and backed by detailed wiki and documentation
|Supply Voltage||DC: 3.0 - 6.0V||DC: 2.0 – 5.5V||DC: 3.3 – 5.5V|
|Measuring Range (Temperature)||-40 ~ + 80 ℃||-40 ~ + 80 ℃||-20 ~ + 60 ℃|
|Measuring Range (Humidity)||0 ~ 100% RH||0 ~ 100% RH||5 ~ 95% RH|
|Temperature Accuracy||± 0.5 ℃||± 0.5 ℃||± 1 ℃|
|Humidity Accuracy||± 2 % RH ( 25 ℃ )||± 3 % RH ( 25 ℃ )||± 5 % RH ( 25 ℃ )|
|Output Signal||I2C signal||I2C signal||1-Wire|
DHT22 and DHT11 are both excellent temperature and humidity sensors and they are widely used in Arduino and Raspberry Pi projects. However, from the comparison, the DHT22 outshines the DHT11 in every aspect from temperature range, temperature accuracy, and humidity range to humidity accuracy. The only downside of the DHT22 is of course the slightly higher price but you are paying for the better specs.
So if you want a sensor with a wider range and accuracy, go for the DHT22. If not, the DHT11 should work fine for your projects as well.
All in all, DHT22 is an excellent low-cost temperature and humidity module, so we made this DHT22 breakout board with a Grove connector. Now it has even become more convenient to use. Just plug and play with your Seeeduino or Grove-compatible shield. We have developed more than 400 Grove modules, covering a wide range of applications that can fulfill a variety of needs.
Attention: Since the DHT22 has been discontinued, this sensor will be EOL soon. We strongly recommend you use the upgraded DHT20 sensor, that is Grove - Temperature & Humidity Sensor V2.0 (DHT20)
Get Started with Industrial Sensors
SenseCAP S210x series industrial sensors provide an out-of-box experience for environmental sensing. Please refer to the S2101 Wireless Temperature and Humidity Sensor with higher performance and robustness for air temperature and humidity detection.
- Environmental monitoring
- Thermometer and hygrometer
Upgrade to Industrial Solutions
With the SenseCAP S2110 controller and S2100 data logger, you can easily turn the Grove into a LoRaWAN® sensor. Seeed not only helps you with prototyping but also offers you the possibility to expand your project with the SenseCAP series of robust industrial sensors.
The IP66 housing, Bluetooth configuration, compatibility with the global LoRaWAN® network, built-in 19 Ah battery, and powerful support from APP make the SenseCAP S210x the best choice for industrial applications. The series includes sensors for soil moisture, air temperature and humidity, light intensity, CO2, EC, and an 8-in-1 weather station. Try the latest SenseCAP S210x for your next successful industrial project.
- Temperature&Humidity Sensor Pro in Eagle format
- Temperature&Humidity Sensor Pro PCB in PDF format
- Temperature&Humidity Sensor Pro Schematic in PDF format
- Temperature&Humidity Sensor Pro library
- Supply Voltage DC: 3.0 - 6.0V
- Measuring Range (Temperature): -40 ~ + 80 ℃
- Measuring Range (Humidity): 0 ~ 100% RH
- Temperature Accuracy: ± 0.5 ℃
- Humidity Accuracy: ± 2 % RH ( 25 ℃ )
- Output Signal: I2C signal
- Measuring Current Supply: 1-1.5mA
- Standby Current Supply: 40-50uA
- Resolution (Humidity): 0.1%RH
- Resolution (Temperature): 0.1°C
- Repeatability (Humidity): ±0.3%RH
- Repeatability (Temperature): ±0.2°C
- Long-term Stability: ±0.5%RH/year
- Signal Collecting Period: 2 Sec
- Respond Time 1/e(63%): 6-20 Sec
- Signal pin mode: Digital