AD9850 DDS Signal Generator Module is equipped with an AD9850 IC, a powerful Oscillator of 125MHz, and a DSS synthesizer. It operates at a very low power supply, thus finding applications in many small self-assembly projects to produce square and sine waves.
The AD9850 Signal Generator Module consists of the following components:
Crystal Oscillator: The module contains a crystal oscillator to provide clock and timing control for the Integrated Circuit.
Duty Cycle or Amplitude Adjustment: The module is provided to adjust the signals’ offset and pulse widths through the in-built potentiometer.
AD9850 IC: This integrated circuitry does all the processing. With the help of a powerful Oscillator and other components, it can output analog signal waves.
AD9850 Features and Specifications
- Operating Voltage: 3.3 – 6 Volts
- Oscillator Frequency: 125 MHz
- Output Frequency: 0 – 40 MHz
- Operational Temperature: -40 – 850C
- Source/Sink Continuous Current: 0.005 Amperes
- DAC Current: 0.03 Amperes
- Power Dissipation(125 MHz, 5V): 380 mWatts
- Power Dissipation(110 MHz, 3.3V): 110 mWatts
- DAC with Spurious Free Dynamic Range to specify the generator’s performance
- It contains a power-down function for a short boot time.
- Data transmission can either be parallel or serial.
- Power Dissipation depends on the power supply voltage.
- Four Analog signal outputs i.e., Sine-Wave 1, Sine-Wave 2, Square-Wave 1, and Square-Wave 2
- A comparator to generate less jittering in square wave output
- Direct Digital Synthesizer is based on CMOS Technology for better functionality and performance.
- A small high-performance module with a surface-mount package to be operated at industrial temperature