12 Keys (4x3) Matrix Keyboard Module
Introducing the 12 Keys (4x3) Matrix Keyboard Module--your new favorite must-have hobby tool! This matrix keyboard is perfect for anyone looking to get more out of their projects. You'll love how perfectly equipped this 12 Keys matrix keyboard module is for your hobby projects!
The 4 x 3 Matrix Keypad Module is a matrix non-encoded keypad consisting of 12 keys in parallel. The keys of each row and column are connected through the pins outside – pin R1-R3 as labeled beside control the rows, when L1-L3, the columns. A 4×4 matrix keypad consisting of microswitch buttons.
This 4x3 matrix twelve-key membrane switch keypad is easy to use and will look nice in your project. It is very useful if you need it for prototyping with a breadboard or just need a keypad for your project.
The above image gives us the pinouts of the 12 Keys (4x3) Matrix Keyboard Module as well as gives us a few pins that we can use on the Arduino Microcontroller to use the 12 Keys (4x3) Matrix Keyboard Module on the Arduino Microcontroller.
How a Matrix keyboard works
- Graphic Overlay – Graphic overlays are typically made of polyester because it has better flex life than polycarbonate.
- Metal Domes – This layer houses metal domes or polydomes that provide tactile feedback.
- Top Circuit Layer – This is typically a polyester printed layer with silver-filled electrically conductive inks. This layer terminates as a flexible tail that connects to the outside world.
- Spacer – This layer separates the top and bottom circuits, allowing the switch to remain normally open until the keypad is pressed.
- Bottom Circuit Layer – This is typically a polyester printed layer with silver-filled electrically conductive inks. This layer also terminates as a flexible tail.
- Rear Adhesive Layer – This layer sticks the keypad to almost anything, which is convenient.
12 Keys (4x3) Matrix Keyboard Module Specification
- Keypad Size: 77 x 70 x 0.8mm
- Transparency cable length: 86mm
- Connector: 7 pins (Pitch 2.54mm)
- Mounted: Adherence
- Maximum Circuit Rating: 35VDC, 100mAa
- Insulation Resistance: 100M Ohm, 100V
- Contact Bounce: <=5ms
- Life Expectancy: 1 million closures
- Operation Temperature: 0 to +70 centigrade
- Humidity: 40 centigrade, 90%-95%, 240 hours